PostGIS in motion, moment Edition teaches readers of all degrees to write down spatial queries that remedy real-world difficulties. It first delivers a heritage in vector-, raster-, and topology-based GIS after which fast strikes into interpreting, viewing, and mapping information. This moment variation covers PostGIS 2.0 and 2.1 sequence, PostgreSQL 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3 positive factors, and exhibits you the way to combine with different GIS tools.
Purchase of the print booklet contains a loose publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Processing information tied to position and topology calls for really expert information. PostGIS is a unfastened spatial database extender for PostgreSQL, each piece nearly as good as proprietary software program. With it, you could simply create location-aware queries in exactly a number of strains of SQL code and construct the again finish for a mapping, raster research, or routing program with minimum effort.
PostGIS in motion, moment Edition teaches you to resolve real-world geodata difficulties. It first supplies a history in vector-, raster-, and topology-based GIS after which speedy strikes into reading, viewing, and mapping information. you are going to how you can optimize queries for optimum velocity, simplify geometries for higher potency, and create customized services on your personal purposes. you will additionally methods to practice your latest GIS wisdom to PostGIS and combine with different GIS tools.
Familiarity with relational database and GIS ideas is beneficial yet now not required.
- An creation to spatial databases
- Geometry, geography, raster, and topology spatial varieties, services, and queries
- Applying PostGIS to real-world problems
- Extending PostGIS to net and laptop applications
- Updated for PostGIS 2.x and PostgreSQL 9.x
About the Authors
Regina Obe and Leo Hsu are database specialists and authors. Regina is a member of the PostGIS center improvement group and the undertaking guidance Committee.
Table of Contents
PART 1 creation TO POSTGIS
- What is a spatial database?
- Spatial facts types
- Spatial reference procedure considerations
- Working with actual data
- Using PostGIS at the desktop
- Geometry and geography functions
- Raster functions
- PostGIS TIGER geocoder
- Geometry relationships
PART 2 placing POSTGIS TO WORK
- Proximity analysis
- Geometry and geography processing
- Raster processing
- Building and utilizing topologies
- Organizing spatial data
- Query functionality tuning
PART three utilizing POSTGIS WITH different TOOLS
- Extending PostGIS with pgRouting and procedural languages
- Using PostGIS in net applications